Over time, you become a little restless with the vanilla site building of Drupal and you will tend to want to do more. And since I am already quite ok with the way things are, I decided to experiment a little. For today, I worked on the node form’s appearance by tweaking the right tpl file. It’s nodename-node-form.tpl.php, in general.
I was able to add fields and segment them into a cute three-column interface by means of referencing classes off a bootstrap grid layout. Client privacy restricts me from showing the actual progress of the node form, but I am quite happy to note that I have finally cracked one of the reasons why it’s important for Drupal to render its children in a form after all the customizations are done.
I did have some AJAX issues with multiple submit buttons that remains as mysterious as the Bermuda triangle in my head. Some folks at the IRC chat room suggested some things for me to try but I ended up implementing using a very simple HTML popup window to remove the extra “Submit” button which bungled my form. Sweet.